Saturday, June 1, 2013

"WOMEN" & "SONs" -- LIBERATION ??

Cause & Effect?
 
Shortly after my divorce, I joined a Divorce Counseling Class to speed up the "recovery" period.  I had no time to waste, because I suddenly had sole responsibility for four children and I was facing bankruptcy.  My eyes were opened when a young Hispanic woman spoke of having to be taken "home" by her husband with a black eye or split lip, periodically, to prove to "his mother" that he was "the man" in his own home.  I later became sensitive to stories from females of many other cultures in this country that related how their mothers raised them differently from their brothers.  Could it be that the seed to "Women's Liberation" lies in the mother/son relationship?
 
I am a motherless child, since the age of 6, but I clearly remember the whippings and stern lectures I received from my mother when I misbehaved!  I was the sixth child in a family of eight children, and the third male child.
 
So, are females "trained to serve", while males are "trained to be served" ?  If so, in any way, maybe we've found the path to a solution?  After several generations of mass- failings in performance by males in K-12 education; and more and more females having to be the dominant wage-earner in families; maybe we need to re-think the entire "Liberation" thing ??
 
Children don't enter this world knowing how to work and to be responsible for themselves.  They have to be taught!
 
Stay Vigilant!  Social Pathologies abound??
 
Copyright© 2013: Williams LLC
All Rights Reserved: Williams LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment