Thursday, August 20, 2015

Can "J.C." (still) "SAVE AMERICA" ??

YES!; IF, he could Restore Us, to our former "DECENCY" ??

As I've written in earlier BLOGs, our "Decency" FLED the U.S. with the arrival of Ronald Reagan!  We forget that "some" Americans were having secret "Talks" with "some" Iranians in 1979; to make a Deal for Hostage Release, as soon as Reagan replaced Carter in Office.  We also forget the "cake" for Iran exposed during the "Iran/Contra" Affair that Reagan and Wineberger were caught-up in.
I remember, though, another time; when President Carter first WON the Office!  It was late on a night in New York City.  I took a break from one of my several "Special" assignments, during my tour in the Air Force; to see my first Broadway Play.  It was "Guys and Dolls", as I remember -- its 1976 Broadway Revival.  As I left the Theater, I passed a shop, and in its darkened window, the street lights reflected on it ... "J.C. CAN SAVE AMERICA!"; it said.  It was a Poster to hang on your wall; a Poster for a time of generalized political trauma in this Country.  As I remember, it was still not clear that night, who won the 1976 Election:  Carter, or Ford!  Returns from some States were not yet in (I think New York was one of the late-reporting States).  I went back the next day and bought the Poster, and hung it in my Recreation Room.  It "disappeared" in the 1980s.  during my last Military Move,   http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/yan1996000991/PP/

Our Electorate was still reeling from the Watergate Affair, and the resulting shock to our sensibilities. We  were permanently changed, as we realized the crimes committed in the Executive Branch of our Government by the Nixon Administration.  Nixon came to be seen as "Evil", Carter was envisioned to be "Pure".  We all know the Cynicism that grew under Carter, and flowered in the Greed and Corruption sowed by Reagan.
 A Former President; a few months shy of 91; Jimmie Carter gave an "amazing", "gracious", and "frank" Press Conference this morning on Television.  It was "Vintage Carter", and it's purpose was to announce his recent affliction with liver and brain cancer.

Stay Vigilant! Let's see, in these troubling times of TRUMP, whether we can summon up enough DECENCY to atone for the atrocious way the Electorate treated President Carter, while he was in Office, and to return some DECENCY to our behavior for electing the President of the United States!!   Jimmy Carter is certainly my perfect example of a GOOD Christian!!  President Carter and his life's works, can, perhaps, counter the image of  Dylann Roof, and his "Church-work", as one of our  BAD Christians??  As "J.C". said this morning; he is "in God's Hands" now!

Copyright © 2015:  Williams LLC
All Rights Reserved:  Williams LLC
williamsllc.com


No comments:

Post a Comment