Sunday, April 7, 2013

TRAYVON : EXXONERATION??

Step One Toward Justice?? 
GREAT NEWS!!  In case you missed it, the Homeowners Association "associated" with Zimmerman; the adult who stalked and gunned to death an unarmed black teenager in Florida, has "settled" a "wrongful" death lawsuit with Trayvon's family.  As published in my earlier blogs, Trayvon is my hero, and should be a global hero for all non-white youths (males, especially) who face the daily terror of being stalked by gun-toting adults.  Trayvon went, bare-nuckled, against a grown man; trying to save his own life.  In the end, the most any of us can do, no matter what the circumstance, is to fight to save our lives.  That fight is growing tougher; here in the U.S. and around the world.  http://jezebel.com/5993941/trayvon-martins-parents-settle-wrongful-death-claim-with-florida-subdivision
 
I won my case against a Homeowner's Association in Florida a few years ago.  I was living in the most expensive zip code in Miami at the time.  I visited a high-rise close by the gated community in which I lived -- another "gated" community.  I left my BMW with the Valet in a very expensive, highly secure (TV cameras every) high-rise and a theft ring inside their security stole the car!
 
It took lawyering, many trips to court, and overcoming a number of shenanigans by the Association before they PAID UP.  As usual, they admit to nothing -- but they pay to halt their liabilities.
 
I was in Miami for a couple of years studying the problems non-white minority entrepreneurs face in starting and maintaining a small business.  Especially of interest was the barriers placed in their way by the larger communities in which they operate.  Miami is a perfect place to study this phenomenon in the early 21st century.  I was embedded in projects involving blacks, latinos, Haitians, Koreans, and several recently-arrived "visitors" from South America, Central America, and the Caribbean.  A kind of "wild west" in the "south-east", so to speak.  Fascinating!!
 
Oh, I got my car back; damaged, but repairable.  No thanks to the Miami Police, I might add.
 
For those of you who think you will do just fine hiding behind your guns and your money -- think again!!  The story of Pistorious and the "laager mentality" of South Africa, should have you quaking in your boots.  http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2137420,00.html.  The guys who are armed, and look like you, are most likely to be the BAD GUYs you fear so much!
 
Zimmerman returns to the public eye in June. 
Stay Vigilant! 
Copyright  © 2013:  Williams LLC
All Rights Reserved: Williams LLC  

No comments:

Post a Comment